Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A new venture

I am so excited to finally share this with all of you....

shop banner 2

My own little Etsy shop!

This has been very slow to develop, and I like it that way. I've been mulling (maybe obsessing) over it for months, designing the banner, picking out packaging, and, of course, crafting.

Lots of these items will look familiar to you because I've shared them as DIYs over the last year. That won't change. I wholeheartedly encourage you to make things for yourself and I'll continue to update the DIY index. But for those of you who are busy, or don't want to invest in all the supplies, I'm offering ready to go versions of my favorite projects. Sometimes the sanest thing you can do is pass off a project to someone else, after all.

At the moment, you can find headbands (ruffles, lilypad and rosebud versions) in several colors. They are all slightly different, so read the descriptions for details about the fabric and finishing. I used several types of silks, so the textures will vary. Some of the edges are singed for a contrast finish and some are left raw for a wispy look. These details are all specified for each model, so you will know exactly what to expect. Any of these headband designs can be sized up into belts for custom orders. Just contact me.

headbands collage
{heart of light headbands}

(The model is my lovely sister! How lucky am I to have a beautiful sister who is willing to patiently sit still while I fuss around and tie things on her head and photograph her?)

I also have a limited run of embroidered napkins, which I absolutely adore. If you guys like them too, I'll look into making more. Currently there are only 10 sets available.

pick 3
{EAT napkins from heart of light}

And I had to add in my meal planning notepads, because I love them so much. These are also available customized, and I love the idea of giving them out as shower gifts along with some little kitchen accessories.

DSC_7167
{meal planning notepad}

I have to send out a big, heartfelt thanks to all of you. I am so very excited about this little shop and I could never have done it without all the encouragement and enthusiasm you readers have shown me in the past year. You are all truly amazing.

59 comments:

  1. Rachel congratulations. I'm off to visit and add your shop to my favorites. Best of luck! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations! everything looks AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful-congratulations! I know you will be very successful. I have to take a peak now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoo hoo! This is fantastic! I'd been hoping you'd open a shop. So proud of you, miss. Off to check out the goods. xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. love those headbands!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow!! i've been wanting you to open an etsy shop! so so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's great!!! I've loved the headbands but I can't sew a button back onto my coat so there was no chance I was going to be able to make one of those headbands. And now I can just buy it from you! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you! I am working on opening an etsy store with a friend, so I understand about the obsessing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. heartiest congrats, rachel! i'm sure you'll be a runaway success.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations, lady! Looks like some lovely things in store!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rachel! That's amazing. Congratulations. As soon as I get a regular paycheck again, I will be patronizing your shop for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations....Everything looks lovely! I love the banner too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hip, hip hooray! Everything looks so lovely. I want to buy it all.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hooray! Oh, Rachel, congratulations! I've been telling myself I'm going to use your template for the meal planning notepad for months now, but I haven't. I may invest in 1 or 3. And probably a headband. Or 3. I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome and Congrats! Love those headbands.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so exciting Rachel!!! I love all your crafts and wish you the best of luck with your new shop!!!! Thanks for sharing it with all of us : )

    ReplyDelete
  17. congratulations! I have been wondering when you start selling your gorgeous things! I took the etsy plunge back in february and couldn't be happier - it's an exciting thing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations! That is great news!

    ReplyDelete
  19. congratulations, i can't wait to check out the shop!

    ReplyDelete
  20. everything looks amazing! congrats - i'm so glad you decided to take the leap!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations, Rachel, how exciting this is for you! I'm happy that you'll be able to show off your amazing talent with lots of people :) Those headbands are just the cutest I've seen. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats!! Here's to a smashingly successful (ad)venture :)!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is so exciting! I am glad you are offering the headbands, as I just love them! I have a bunch of birthdays coming up in the fall, and this will be perfect. Congrats and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am thrilled for you! So very exciting. Your shop will be a hit, I know it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. How exciting! Congrats to you (and to me, because my version of the headband would never turn out that cute!). :) Going to heart you on Etsy now!

    ReplyDelete
  26. You go girl! I knew the time would come!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh, yay! I was secretly hoping you'd decide to sell those headbands for the less-crafty among us. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congratulations! Everything looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Yay!! How wonderful! Everything is so pretty. I love the napkins!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Congratulations! I just started mine recently as well. It is a super slow process. And I had to get one of the Etsy banners, I simply don't know how to make my own banner. Yes, I am lame.

    Happy Crafting!
    =D

    ReplyDelete
  31. oh lady i'm so proud of you!!!!!!!!! how cool!

    your creations are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Congratulations! I always secretly hoped you'd open an Etsy shop!

    ReplyDelete
  33. congratulations - I just know it will be a success!

    ReplyDelete
  34. yay! yay! yay! yay! yay! yay!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Congrats! I'm so excited to check the store out!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oh how exciting Rachel congratulations, I always thought you should definitely have a store! Your items are so lovely, best of wishes for you.

    ReplyDelete
  37. good luck! i faved you. methinks i'll be mulling over your shop in the future myself

    ReplyDelete
  38. congratulations darling! the store looks great and was quickly added to my favorites! xo

    ReplyDelete
  39. Sweet! Congratulations! I just added your shop to my favorites and will most likely purchase one of your awesome headbands instead of trying one myself - but it's on my to-do list, I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Best of luck!! Keep on doin' what you're doin'!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Yay Rachel - how fantastic! I'll be putting a post on my blog in the next couple of days about your lovely shop and delicious headbands!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Congrats on the store!!!! We've been waiting! I couldn't resist adding this to our link luv roundup today.

    http://www.luvinthemommyhood.com/2009/08/link-luv-roundup_26.html

    ReplyDelete
  43. ohhh that's so great...headed there now
    michelle

    ReplyDelete
  44. Congrats - very exciting. I'll definitely check out your shop!

    ReplyDelete
  45. HURRAY, congrats friend! :)
    that is lovely! the shop is amazing!

    best of luck!

    xo. danni

    ReplyDelete
  46. Congrats! SO excited for you and that we can now purchase all your lovely creations:)

    ReplyDelete
  47. yay! it looks so lovely :) so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  48. congratulations! they are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Eeek--my weeks have been so busy, I can't believe I'm late on this announcement. It's about time my talented Rachel!! Congratulations on opening a beautiful store that is so heart-of-light! I can't wait to be a patron and see what else you have in store.

    ReplyDelete

Trying captchas this time - better or worse than having to log in to comment? Let me know! Sorry for all the hoops but the spam has been terrible lately!